Monday, October 25, 2010

P-Model - Karkador LP (Alfa, 1985)

Tracklisting

Side A
Karkador
On the Organ-Yama
Dance Subomp
Cyborg
1778-1985

Side B
Leak
Oar
Hourglass
Piper
Karcador

7th album from this long-running and much revered new-wave group. This one really grew on me after first being disappointed with how normal it seemed next to the zolo oddity of Perspective or the Devo-ish doink of their first two outings. Smart, sophisticated songwriting prevailed, and now I consider this to be one of the high-points in the P-Model discography. Cyborg and Piper are gems among gems...

2 comments:

Nick said...

Nice post. I'm a huge fan of this album. Maybe one of the best produced technopop albums of the mid-80's. I really dig the way everything is done in an electronic context with most of the instrumentation being acoustic. My favorite songs are "Leak" and "Cyborg". Great stuff.

Anonymous said...

thank you :)