Friday, July 5, 2013

Daisuck & Prostitute - 死ぬまで踊りつづけて LP (Japan Records, JAL-15)


This had been posted on Mutant-Sounds back in the day, but I assume links for this are scarce now.
Daisuck & Prostitute was the brainchild of Yoshino Daisaku, who had been releasing records since at least the mid 70s. This is straight-up no-wave. Constantly scratchy guitars, throbbing bass, and skronkin' sax. Admittedly, many Japanese bands were doing this in the 80s, but Daisuck & Prostitute might be the best. Beautiful album cover by Kikuji Yamashita, too.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any chance you have any other releases from Daisuck & Prostitute?
I would love to get the second album if possible. Thank you kind sir

Christie said...

Gorgeous!

c.patera said...

I do have the 2nd one, actually. If I remember correctly, it's pretty much more of the same! I'll try and get around to digitizing it, but I don't have so much time for that these days, so be very very patient.

Anonymous said...

I would be eternally thankful, you are awesome! I can't find it anywhere. I've heard many good things and even heard it was better. I understand and have no problem waiting. much appreciated

Anonymous said...

"This had been posted on Mutant-Sounds back in the day, but I assume links for this are scarce now."

When I read stuff like this I can't help thinking that MP3 sharing and such will be considered as legendary as Cassette culture someday

Anonymous said...

fuckin awesome band, thank you so much for this! a rip of the second album would be great too :3

AntoninPoitou said...

We need your blog! Comeback!

Certifiablockhead said...

what a trove wonderful of Japanese 80's Underground, still bright in cyberspace...all links are ok...thanks for the chance to listen such beautiful music...

much love for doin´ this...